Sponsors & Vendors
Conference hosted by Point Loma Nazarene University, “Crossing the Lines: Interdisciplinary Christian Conversations about Difference,” October 22-24, 2019.
The purpose of this conference is to nurture a Christian conversation about the social and other differences that divide people and about the church’s calling in the face of those differences. The conference’s emphases include but are not limited to:
Invited speakers include:
Sharon Lisa Harper, founder and president of FreedomRoad.us, author of The Very Good Gospel: How Everything Wrong can be Made Right and Left, Right & Christ: Evangelical Faith in Politics.
- M. Daniel Carroll R., Professor of Old Testament at Wheaton College, author of Christians at the Border: Immigration, the Church, and the Bible.
- Thomas E. Reynolds, Vice-Principal and Associate Professor of Theology at Emmanuel College of Victoria University, author of Vulnerable Communion: A Theology of Disability and Hospitality.
- Jennifer Givhan, poet and novelist, author of Protection Spell (2017) and Lifeline(2017).
Call for papers:
The deadline for the call for papers has been extended to September 3.
We welcome proposals for presentations of all types, including individual presentations, panels, and practice-based workshops aimed at helping congregations come to terms with the church’s call. Proposals are encouraged from every academic area, including the arts. The proposal should be no more than 500 words.
Proposals are due September 3, 2019. Send proposals to: email@example.com
Registration and other details:
Register online here: https://commerce.cashnet.com/cashnetg/selfserve/EditItem.aspx?PC=MACM-CTL&ItemCount=1
Information about parking, meals, and other details can be found here: https://www.pointloma.edu/events/crossing-lines-conference-interdisciplinary-christian-conversations-about-difference
Hotels. Two hotels have offered special rates for this conference. It is important that you make your reservation by September 23rd to guarantee the discounted conference rate.
- Bay Club: Use this link: https://reservations.travelclick.com/102751?groupID=2613676. Alternatively, you may call (800) 672-0800 and reference the Crossing the Lines Conference. Rate: 149.00 per night plus tax (there is no fee for parking and no resort fee).
- Humphrey’s Half Moon Inn: https://tinyurl.com/y2yv3hap. Rate: 172.00 per night plus tax. Parking: 10.00 per day. Resort fee: 11.95.